CityLight Church’s One Year Bible Reading Plan
Monday, October 31st, 2016
For full text click here: http://bit.ly/1wKLUkQ
Get your Daily Word on Periscope! https://www.periscope.tv/PMikeWhite/
Commentary from Pastor Michael White:
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases… – Ps 103:2-3
Salvation has benefits! Yes, being “saved” means that when you die, you will meet God face to face and have nothing to fear. God will not see your sin; He will see His son. But salvation also has benefits that start here and now – in this life – at the moment you give your life to Jesus:
1) Forgiveness (v 3). God doesn’t just forgive some of your sins when you believe in Jesus; He forgives them all! Your sins are removed from you, as far as the East is from the West (v 12).
2) Healing (v 3). By His stripes, you are healed (Is 53:5)!
3) Redemption (v 4). Because you are hidden in Jesus, you don’t get what you deserve. You receive what He deserves: eternal life in Heaven with God!
4) Lovingkindness (v 4). God’s kindness is not mood-dependent. He loves you because you are His child: no matter what, and with no strings attached!
5) Refreshing (v 5). God renews your youth! Five minutes alone with God can reinvigorate you to go out and live your life with purpose and drive.
Do not forget the benefits of the Cross! You are blessed because you are in Jesus.
Father, thank You for blessing me! I am so privileged to be saved by grace. Help me to believe you with all that I am, and love you with all of my heart, in Jesus’ name!
See commentary from this day in 2014: http://intelligentcharismatic.com/day-304-be-fearless/
See commentary from this day in 2015: http://intelligentcharismatic.com/day-304-stop-moving-so-fast/
© Michael D. White, 2016. All rights reserved.