Update on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Friday, March 27th, 2020
- You can watch on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/citylightnewyork/) and YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/CityLightNYC).
- We will have pastors and staff on-hand and monitoring comments on both Facebook and YouTube. If you need prayer, please leave a comment and let us know.
- After the live stream, we will e-mail a link of the service recording to all members and attenders.
- If you need ministry and/or prayer but can’t tune in to the live stream, please e-mail email@example.com. Even though we are not meeting in person, our highest priority is to minister to the needs of our church family during this time, while also honoring guidelines issued by local authorities.
How We Can Help
We are buying 30,000 N95 masks from an overseas manufacturer and shipping them directly to the U.S. to give to hospitals in NYC that desperately need them. Doctors, nurses, and emergency responders are the soldiers in this battle, and they need our support and prayers. To give towards this effort, use the link below and then select “COVID-19 RESPONSE” from the dropdown menu. Give To The Covid-19 Response
Our prayer is that you are living in Jesus’ peace and strength right now, as you remain fixed on the truth of God’s word.
We wanted to give you a quick update on Life Groups. Our Life Groups are not only continuing, but they are now the focal point of our church’s ministry since we cannot meet in-person for Sunday gatherings at this time. We’re expecting God to do great things and show Himself strong in some very unique ways as our Life Groups come together. We are living in unprecedented times and He will surely do unprecedented things.
That said, we want to communicate some important points and next steps:
- We will be moving all Life Groups ONLINE to ZOOM MEETINGS effective today, Monday, 3/16, for at least the next two weeks. You can run this software from a laptop or desktop if you’d like to, but it is designed so you can participate in Life Groups from your smartphone.
- We are making this decision in communication with the Mayor’s Office as a response to the City’s decision to close all public meeting places (restaurants, cafes, movie theaters) 3/17/20.
- Even though you will not be meeting in person, we are trusting God that He will cause our groups to be even more powerful than ever. Zoom has some incredible features, and your Life Group leader will be in touch with you shortly with some creative ideas to strengthen prayerful community at our church and in our city at a time when many of us desperately need it.
- Since we will be meeting online: invite people to your Life Group! These will be a powerful evangelistic tool now more than ever, with many of your friends and colleagues “stuck” at home.
- If you’ve signed up for a Life Group you will be receiving an e-mail with specific instructions on how to create a Zoom account. This will come from your Life Group leader.
If you have any questions and/or concerns, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you for staying flexible and patient as we prayerfully consider our wise and faith-filled next steps. As always, if you have any specific needs that we can help you meet at this time, please reach out to us at email@example.com and let us know!
Please remember that your financial support is absolutely instrumental in this unprecedented time.You can give your weekly tithe and offering here: https://pushpay.com/pay/citylightnyc
To give from your phone please text “citylight” to 77977
Thank you for your generosity!
God will show His goodness, even through these unprecedented events. God did not cause this epidemic, but His specialty is using any and every circumstance to turn hearts to Jesus. We have a tremendous opportunity as followers of Jesus to show the people of our city how to live by faith, not fear.