The Daily Word: Saturday, September 29th, 2018
For full text click here.
Join us on Facebook Live for the Daily Word Broadcast!
Commentary from Pastor Michael White:
Then your light shall break forth like the morning, your healing shall spring forth speedily, and your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard. Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; you shall cry, and He will say, ‘Here I am.’ – Is 58:8-9
In Isaiah 58, God is exhorting His people to fast for the right reasons. Fasting is powerful; but our reason for fasting is paramount. We don’t fast to change God’s heart; we fast to change our own. We fast for the strength and focus to execute God’s will; not to build a case that God should give us what we want!
When you fast for the right reason (i.e. to get closer to God), here is what will happen:
1) Light will spill into every dark area of your life.
2) Your healing will “spring forth speedily” (i.e. come quickly).
3) Righteousness will invade your decision-making process.
4) You will see the glory of God and enjoy His presence like never before.
5) You will experience enhanced communication with God through prayer.
6) You will be filled with confidence that God is near to you.
Fasting doesn’t change God; it changes you. When was the last time you fasted?
Father, thank You for the gift of fasting! Help me to fast for the right reasons. I declare that, as I do, my life will be completely transformed!
© Michael D. White, 2018. All rights reserved.